Weight Loss Plan
A weight loss plan
is a plan that either features an eating plan or regular exercise,
or a combination of both. There are literally thousands of plans available
to people and you often have the option of having the plan tailored
to your specific needs.
Experts agree that the best way to reach
weight is to follow a sensible eating plan and engage in regular
physical activity. Weight-loss programs should encourage healthy behaviors
that help you lose weight and you should be able to maintain this over
and effective weight-loss programs should include:
- Healthy eating plans that reduce calories
but do not rule out specific foods or food groups
- Regular physical activity and/or exercise
- Tips on healthy behavior changes that also consider your cultural
- Slow and steady weight loss of about ¾ to 2 pounds per week and not
more than 3 pounds per week (weight loss may be faster at the start
of a program)
- Medical care if you are planning to lose weight by following a special
formula diet, such as a very-low-calorie diet
- A plan to keep the weight off after you have lost it
Gather as much information as you can
before deciding to join a program. Providers of weight loss
programs should be able to answer these questions:
-What does the weight loss program
- What are the staff qualifications?
- Does the product or program carry any risks?
- How much does the program costs?
- What results do participants typically have?
- Does the program offer individual counseling and/or group classes?
- Do you have to follow a specific meal plan or keep food records?
- Do you have to purchase special food, drugs, or supplements?
- Does the program encourage you to be physically active, follow a specific
physical activity plan, or provide exercise instruction?
- Does the program provide information on how to make positive and healthy
- Is the program sensitive to your lifestyle and cultural needs?
Types of Programs
Thoughts In Mind